Tyman's predecessor company was an industrial conglomerate with interests in oil services, building products and industrial coupling businesses. Since 2010 the Company has refocused the business into a leading international supplier of engineered door and window components and access solutions to the construction industry.
- Acquisition of Y-cam.
- Launch of Access 360 portfolio brand for Howe Green, Profab and Bilco UK.
- Acquisitions of Ashland, Profab, Reguitti and Zoo Hardware.
- Rebranding of Schlegel International as SchlegelGiesse.
- Acquisition of Howe Green.
- Completion of i54 – ERA distribution warehouse.
- Acquisitions of Bilco, Giesse and Response Electronics.
- European Industrial Products exit.
- North American footprint rationalisation launched.
- Rebranding of Grouphomesafe as ERA.
- Creation of AmesburyTruth.
- Acquisition of Vedasil Brasil.
- US$100 million US private placement offering.
- Name change to Tyman plc.
- Acquisition of Truth Hardware.
- Move from AIM to the Main Market.
- Disposal of oil services division Gall Thomson.
- Disposal of composite doors operations.
- Acquisition of Fab & Fix.
- Acquisition of Overland Products.
- New executive leadership team appointed.
- Realignment of Group strategy to focus on engineered component supply to the door and window industry.
- New Board of Directors appointed.
- Acquisition of Laird Security Systems.
- Acquisition of Schlegel Building Products.
- Predecessor company first quoted on the London Stock Exchange.